Welcome to Albemarle Montessori
Welcome to a different kind of child care – a safe, nurturing place that adapts to meet your child’s personality, abilities, and potential. Albemarle Montessori Children’s Community (AMCC) is a warm, friendly setting designed to enrich your child’s whole being. Our staff has created an environment where your child can grow and learn at his or her own pace and develop individually to his or her fullest potential. We provide you with convenience, quality education, and peace of mind that your child is having fun, learning happily, and playing joyfully. We are open all day and all year to meet your schedule.
Montessori is one of the fastest growing forms of education in this country, and we adhere to the highest Montessori standards at AMCC. All of the recent research in child development and education bears out the quality of the Montessori method for educating the young child. Our expert staff understands how to meet the needs of your child in a loving, joyful community.
Call us to arrange a tour – one where we can talk about your child and what we provide at AMCC that meets the needs of your family. Come join our community!
Mission & Values
Each Albemarle Montessori Children’s Community classroom provides
- a safe, nurturing, and fun place for young children
- the highest quality education using Montessori methods that amply prepare a child for elementary school and for life
- a method for learning that adapts to the needs and style of each individual child
- an environment with organic or natural materials and a deep connection to the natural world
- a welcoming, friendly community
- a well-trained, professional staff
- an educational program that integrates art, music, movement, foreign language, and science into the curriculum at a level appropriate to each child
- a peaceful space that is stress-free, meditative, and empowering
- an adherence to the highest standards of Montessori educational excellence